FarmLink Educational Deliverer
FarmLink is a charity dedicated to educating children on the practical process of farming, food production, land management and conservation. We are looking to contract the services of someone with a comprehensive knowledge of farming and the countryside to deliver lessons mainly on the farm and occasionally visit schools. An educational background would be an advantage but not essential.
The appointment would start in September 2018 with an induction in late June early July.
Good day rate pay, up to a minimum of 70 days a year all to be taken within term time.
For more information and to apply please send your CV and covering letter to: CEO Tim Ledbury on email@example.com or by post to Our Offices 4, Yeowood Farm, Iwood Lane, Wrington, BS40 5NU
Closing date: 30th April 2018 with interviews to be held week commencing 14th May 2018
FarmLink Lower Stock Farm Education Deliverer
FarmLink Education Ltd is seeking to appoint a well organised person to deliver its education programme primarily at Lower Stock Farm, Wrington, North Somerset and occasionally at schools throughout Bristol, North Somerset and Somerset. Good day rate of pay at £120 per day, plus mileage.
FarmLink provides free teaching for the pupils of schools within the catchment area in the practical process of farming, food production, land management and conservation. Our teaching relates to the National Curriculum to ensure the schools and the pupils can take full advantage of our service.
Working weeks will be during term time only between the months of September to the end of October and from March to the end of the academic year in July. Depending on class group size you will either work alongside our full time educational Deliverer or alone.
- A passion for education and agriculture
- Ability to communicate clearly with all ages
- A comprehensive knowledge of agriculture and the countryside
- Ability to be flexible whilst working to a timescale
- Comfortable talking to large groups of people
- A good awareness of health and safety on farms and safeguarding issues
- Ability to manage and hold the attention of children alongside teaching staff
- A love of the countryside and an understanding of its resources
- Patience, fairness, adaptability and quality organisational skills
- Enjoys working with colleagues and being part of a team environment
- Ensure the farm is a safe environment for pupils to visit
- Ensure the farm is fully equipped for the day ahead
- Organise and deliver the FarmLink programme to pupils
- Liaise with the County Coordinator regarding bookings and feedback from schools
- Together with the Educational deliverer you will continually develop new ideas for lessons so the FarmLink programme continues to develop and stays fresh
- Create and provide appropriate resources as necessary
Qualifications and Skills
- Agricultural or relevant teaching employment history
- Up to date DBS certificate
- IT literate